Summary GRDC Local Forums 2018
The series of GRDC Local Forums run once again in the Southern Region which was delivered as part of the GRDC Regional Cropping Solutions Initiative. Six forums were held across the low, medium and high rainfall zones in South Australian and Victoria in June-July 2018.
The objectives of these forums were -
- reach and build connections with a new audience of growers and industry stakeholders;
- strengthen connections and encourage growers and industry stakeholder participation in R,D&E;
- explain and promote investment of grower levies in R,D&E to create enduring profitability;
- promote the role of GRDC Southern Panel and RCSN members so that growers and industry stakeholders to know the local member(s), GRDC staff and RCS Leads who provide a two-way conduit between growers and industry stakeholders and the GRDC;
- growers and industry stakeholders have confidence in the network of GRDC RCSN and Southern Panel members and systems to capture the important constraints and opportunities for the long term profitability of grain growers in the region;
- growers and industry stakeholders are able to check/validate existing issues and identify any other important issues for the GRDC to consider;
- growers and industry stakeholders learn about the R,D&E activities, learnings and have input into future R,D&E for focus issues (listed in summary);
- growers and industry stakeholders have the opportunity to hear about a selection of R,D&E investments addressing locally important issues;
- growers and industry stakeholders have the opportunity to raise issues and questions, have direct conversations which will influence GRDC deliver R,D&E which will provide the greatest benefit for grain growers.